Returns a complex number in x + yi or x + yj text format raised to a power.
If this function is not available, run the Setup program to install the Analysis ToolPak. After you install the Analysis ToolPak, you must enable it by using the Add-Ins command on the Tools menu.
Inumber is a complex number you want to raise to a power.
Number is the power to which you want to raise the complex number.
- Use COMPLEX to convert real and imaginary coefficients into a complex number.
- If inumber is not in the form x + yi or x + yj, IMPOWER returns the #NUM! error value.
- If number is nonnumeric, IMPOWER returns the #VALUE! error value.
- Number can be an integer, fractional, or negative.
- A complex number raised to a power is calculated as follows:
IMPOWER("2+3i", 3) equals -46 + 9i